Monday, March 3, 2008

March fun for the Parkses

So we didn't do a March menu. We're not going to. In fact, I have no idea what we are eating tonight or for the rest of the week for that matter.

No, I did not snap and lose all responsibility. We are going to be housesitting/babysitting for 2 1/2 weeks. So our food is taken care of. Down to the planning. (The mom is going to leave a list of dinners her kids like. We just get to eat with them.)

At first, the whole thing sounded overwhelming, and I think it still will be. However, the not-having-to-freak-out-about-budgeting-for-a-month thing sounds wonderful. As does the not-having-to-plan-the-meals for most of the month. I think this week and the last week of March (when we will be back on our own) we'll just try to coast. We aren't going to be quite as careful as normal because we will have more money in our food budget than we are used to. I'm really excited about that! What will be crazy is suddenly being mommy of 3/4. (I watch my great-nephew (almost 3 months old) a few times a week. There are 2 elementary school aged girls we will be watching and taking to lessons and things. Plus we still have a baby of our own (6 months old now.) I'll let you know how it goes. I am excited for the new challenge though. If it goes well, maybe I'll try to figure out who else's kids I can watch after this is done.

By the way, Rosie, if you are ever in a bind to get a babysitter when you have to work, I would be happy to. Or any other time. It's always nice to have quite a few resources for babysitting and getting to trade babysitting times. I'd be happy to. Let me know. It can be a much delayed return service opportunity for your driving my companion and me around on the mission. And introducing us to some of our best converts. What a great service! While I am addressing this post just to you, have you heard about the Nauvoo reunion Matt is putting together? Let me know if you need details.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Thanks, Bonnie! You may find yourself getting a phone call as we get closer to May and I freak out more about my inability to ask favors of people. =) And I'd seen the mass invite to the reunion on facebook... but thanks anyway. You just reminded me to get it on my planner. =) Have fun being "mom" of 4ish.

Nancy said...

Exciting! Free food for 2 weeks!