Tuesday, January 29, 2008

homemade baby food

now that our little girl is here, instead of reading about pregnancy, I'm reading all about babies and looking for tips for a lot of the situations that can arise/are already arising. Mostly just filling my head with random bits of information since Katryn is only 11 days old.

as a gift, my mother gave me one of these:I'm very excited to start using it in a few months. it just reminds me of growing up, when we'd grind up dinner for my little sister, it was just so cool to see the food get all mashed up! I'm a cheap person, and baby food is just so expensive! so I plan on making my own with my grinder. Then I can freeze it in an ice cube tray for when she's teething to help soothe her and put it in one of these:

Which I only discovered because of Nancy, but am excited to try it out as well.

But while I've been searching around online, I found this webpage which has all these recipes for baby food and making baby and toddler friendly meals! maybe this can help someone out right now, I'll be sure to give it a try in a few months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Krystal - thanks for mentioning my website. I'm glad you've found it useful. Congrats on the new baby.

Susanne from www.BabyandToddlerrecipes.com

Ashley said...

Ok, so I'm an official lurker here. I'm Nancy's husband Andrew's cousin in Arizona. I too have never wanted to spend money on mashed up food so I have always made my own. Here is another website I have found to be very useful.

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/